A Faith That Makes Tough Choices Easier
One of God’s greatest gifts to you is your ability to make decisions — your free will. But without God’s wisdom, making big choices is incredibly difficult. In this message, Pastor Rick Warren continues our series, A Faith That Works When Life Doesn’t, by providing four ways that trusting God makes tough choices easier.
March 29, 2020 | Rick Warren
Three Essential Questions
After watching the message take some time reflect on the following three questions.
- What did you hear?What point in this message was most impactful for you?
- What do you think?How did this message challenge, change, or affirm your thinking?
- What will you do?How will you put into practice what you've learned today?
ACTION PLAN:If you are not in a small group,visitsaddleback.com/onlinegroupsto get connected!
7 Reactions to a Crisis
- Denial "It's not my problem. It may not even be real"
- Dismissal "It's real, but no big deal. It'll end fast & won't last!"
- Defiance "I refuse to let this limit my freedom! I'm healthy!"
- Delayed Acceptance "OK, it IS a big deal & it WILL affect me."
- Disruption "My life just turned upside down & I must make some tough choices!"
- Distress "It's going to last a long time & change everything."
- Determination "With God's grace we'll get through this together!"
ACTION PLAN:In your quiet time this week, take some time to think about how you are responding to COVID-19. If you are not at number 7, ask God what steps you can take to get there.
HOW DOES TRUSTING GOD MAKE TOUGH CHOICES EASIERJames 1:5-8
1. WHEN I TRUST GOD, HE GIVES ME HIS WISDOM!
"If any of you lack wisdom, you should pray and ask God, because he givesit generously to anyone who asks! He never resents your asking. God lovesto help yo and he'll give you the wisdom you need. Just ask!" James 1:5
"Those who become wise will be happy; wisdom is the key to a blessed life." Proverbs 3:18 (TEV)
"Getting wisdom is the most important thing you can get in life." Proverb 4:7
"Wisdom is good for the soul. If you get wisdom, you'll have a bright andsecure future." Proverbs 24:14 (TEV)
HOW DO I GET THE WISDOM I NEED?
A. PUT GOD FIRST IN MY LIFE!
"Reverence for the Lord is the foundation of all true wisdom. The rewardsof wisdomare given to anyone who listens and obeys God." Psalm 111:10
"Honoring God and being humble leads to wisdom and wisdom will bringhonor to you." Proverbs 15:33
B. PRACTICE GOD'S WORD IN MY LIFE!
Jesus "Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them." John 13:17
"God's way is always perfect, and God's word is always true." 2 Sam. 22:31
"If you look intently into God's perfect Word that gives you freedom, and you continue to do this, not forgetting what you've learned, and then youput it into practice in your life, you will be blessed in everything you do!" James 1:25
C. GET SOME GODLY PEOPLE INTO MY LIFE!
"If you keep company with wise people, you'll become wise! But if youhang out with foolish people, you'll suffer from making bad choices." Proverbs 13:20
2. WHEN I TRUST GOD, he FREES Me FROM 2ND-GUESsING
"Anyone with God's wisdom will know what makes good sense, butfoolish can never make up their minds." Proverbs 17:24
"When you ask God for wisdom, you must believe and expect God toanswer because anyone who starts doubting is like a wave in the sea that isblown and tossed around by the ever-changing winds. You won't getGod's wisdom if you're double-minded, always wavering back and forth.That only makes you unstable and insecure in everything you do." James 1:6-8
3. WHEN I TRUST GOD, HE ACTS ON MY BEHALF
Jesus said, "According to your faith it will be done to you!" Matthew 9:29
4. WHEN I TRUST GOD, HE USES EVEN my mistakes!
"We know that God causes everythingto work together for the good ofthose of us who love Him and are called to live his purpose for us." Romans 8:28
ACTION PLAN:Take the following steps this week.
- We recommit our lives to Jesus Christ. Tell me your decision!PastorRick@saddleback.com
- We express our gratitude to God through our giving.Saddleback.com/give
- We discuss what we learn with a group of friends.Saddleback.com/onlinegroups
- We stay connected & help others during the crisis.Saddleback.com/coronaresponse
Do you need help? Do you want to give help?
To receive or give help please click below
Sign up to receive updates via text
Text CoronaResponse to 99000
A FAITH THAT WORKS WHEN LIFE DOESN’TMarch 22 - March 29, 2020Watch Series
A Faith That Handles DifficultiesMarch 22, 2020
A Faith That Makes Tough Choices EasierMarch 29, 2020
'Part 5 Mosaic Life > INSIGHT' 카테고리의 다른 글
|A Faith That Counters My Bad Habits (0)||2020.04.07|
|A Faith That Makes Tough Choices Easier (0)||2020.03.31|
|Defeating Fear During the Virus Crisis by Rick Warren (0)||2020.03.22|
|Yuval Noah Harari: the world after coronavirus (0)||2020.03.21|
|'사람'으로 사는게 가장 신앙적이다 (0)||2020.01.31|